Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Barley Wine and New Equipment



So I said that I was going to show the new brewing equipment and here is a new picture of the chilling setup. I have to say that it chilled everything very quickly and without any problems. I found that my tap water is not even close enough to being cold to chill a full pot of hot wort. Now I run a primary chiller through ice water and then put it through the chiller in the wort.

Anyway, it was exciting yesterday, I was able to bottle my Barleywine that has been sitting in the carboy for many months. I did the math and the ABV is just over 11%. It will be very good once it starts to get colder outside. I am really proud of this beer because there is only 1 pound of DME in it and the rest is all grain.

No comments:

Post a Comment